Career Self-Care by Minda Zetlin
Career Self-Care: Find Your Happiness, Success, and Fulfillment at Work by Minda Zetlin
English | 2022 | Business & Money | 2.8 MB
MAKE EVERY WORKDAY BETTER
Like the best advice from a therapist, career counselor, and savvy best friend, this practical resource details dozens of concrete ways to improve work life in any kind of job or entrepreneurial setting. As Minda Zetlin shows, basic self-care principles are the key, and they apply in both tranquil and turbulent times. Her prescriptions are action-ready and available to all.
• taking doable steps to get from where you are to where you dream of being
• cultivating both mentors and sponsors (and understanding the difference)
• navigating the ongoing issues of gender and race bias at work
• dealing with toxic coworkers, including bosses
• supercharging the brain for reaching goals
• incorporating detoxifying mindfulness practices, such as ultra-brief meditation breaks, simple breathing exercises, and power journaling
Not just another list of things to do, this invaluable book is there to help in moments of overwhelm or indecision, at the end of a long day, or any time when you need a reminder of your whole-self aspirations and what you’re capable of.